Tuesday? Why Tuesday?
I like Tuesdays.
Even as a kid. Monday is the recovery day from the weekend. Wednesday is the hump day, Thursday is the “I’m starting to get anxious for Friday” day. Friday is the end of the work week day and then it’s the weekend!
My concentration for the week all begins on …Tuesdays!
Tuesday is just right.
Here’s my “10 reasons I Like Tuesday” list:
1. I was born on a Tuesday. (Tuesday’s child is full of grace, so I’ve got that going for me too.)
2. Tuesday was my Dad’s day off.
3. As a young child, I remember playing baseball outside with Dad on Tuesdays.
4. One Tuesday, Dad took me to an Army/Navy Store and bought an army uniform for my brother and I.
5. Tuesdays became chore day. Pulling weeds, cleaning the basement.
(OK this really was not a good reason.)
6. Radio stations often play 2 for Tuesday songs by the same artist.
7. It’s Taco Tuesday!
8. Maybe a coincidence, but since Tuesday was my Dad’s day off, two of my siblings were also born on Tuesday. I asked my mom if the reason 3 of us were born on Tuesday was because that’s the only day Dad would be off work. She said my brother was born on a Friday night (after Dad was off work) and one of my sisters was born on a Sunday (also a Dad day off work). Dad definitely liked to plan things out. Or maybe nothing got in the way of Dad’s job..
9. I play bocce on Tuesday nights with Miechelle who was also born on a Tuesday. I think that’s one reason I married her!
10. And then once a year, there’s Fat Tuesday!
Yes good reasons all except for #5 to like Tuesdays.
Here’s that poem bout me:
Mondays child is fair of face,
Tuesdays child is full of grace, (told you so)
Wednesdays child is full of woe,
Thursdays child has far to go,
Fridays child is loving and giving,
Saturdays child works hard for his living,
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day
Is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.
Just one thing missing….
click video link below and see…